Fainting Goat Guild Futurity
The Fainting Goat Guild Futurity is designed to encourage selective breeding to enhance the Fainting Goat breed and produce outstanding offspring. It is our hope that the Futurity competition will encourage breeders to think ahead toward the preservation of the Fainting Goat breed and to make smart choices within their breeding program. Collectively, these smart choices will help us produce the finest qualities for this unique breed, while staying true to breed standards. Also, the Futurity will give breeders an excellent opportunity to exhibit their animals for herd confirmation and structure, while competing for monetary prizes and awards.
Any doe is eligible for the Futurity provided she qualifies under the following:
1. Open to all purebred Fainting Goat does (any doe already registered as a purebred with a Fainting Goat registry or documentation as to family linage). A registration number or family linage must accompany the nominee application.
may only be made by the current owner of the doe, whether bred by the owner
or purchased from
3. Any number of does may be nominated by an owner.
initial nomination, any doe sold remains eligible regardless of ownership,
provided that subsequent yearly
5. Does may be nominated at any time before the kidding date. When a nominated doe kids, all offspring are eligible for competition as long as the doe was nominated BEFORE the kid(s) were born.
6. Doelings from nominated does are eligible to compete in Futurity classes until she has freshened or reaches the age of one day less than 24 months, provided that subsequent yearly re-nomination payments are made by the owner of the doe. Bucklings from nominated does are eligible to compete in Futurity classes until he reaches the age of one day less than 24 months, provided that subsequent yearly re-nomination payments are made by the owner of the doe.
7. If the nomination of the doe is not renewed, causing the doeling (now a yearling) to no longer be eligible to compete in futurity classes, then the owner of the doeling/yearling will be given the opportunity to pay the nomination fee in order to keep the doeling/yearling eligible until she either freshens or reaches the age of one day less than 24 months. If the doeling/yearling is nominated, her doelings will be eligible to compete as long as she kids within that year.
8. If the nomination of the doe is not renewed, causing the buckling (now a yearling) to no longer be eligible to compete in futurity classes, then the owner of the buckling/yearling will be given the opportunity to pay the nomination fee in order to keep the buckling/yearling eligible until he reaches the age of one day less than 24 months.
9. If eligible Futurity kids are born after the show season for that year has ended, the kids may show the following year whether the dam has been re-nominated or not. For example, if the last show of the season was in October 2016 and a nominated doe kids in November or December 2016, the kids are automatically eligible to compete in 2017 whether the does is re-nominated for 2017 or not.
10. No refunds will be made for any reason. The responsibility of re-nomination rests solely with the current owner.
1. Nominee status of the dams for all kids entered in FGG Futurity shows will be checked during pre-registration for the shows by FGG staff. Kids from dams that are not on the current Nominee List may not compete (with the exceptions of those kids described in item 9 under eligibility).
The following Futurity classes will be offered:
The judging of Futurity kids will be conducted in separate age classes at participating shows.
Judges are not asked to anticipate what the doelings/yearling
will look like in the future. Instead, they are asked to judge the doelings/bucklings/yearlings
based on the quality of their confirmation and structure for their age,
while staying within the breed standards and focusing on herd conformation
The payout will be announced after entries have been
received and will be awarded at the completion of the show.
Futurity Champion = $50.00
The Overall Futurity Champion for the year will be based on premiums earned throughout the year and will be announced after the final Futurity classes at the last participating show of the year.
Fees: $15.00 nomination fee per doe; $10.00 class fee per class
Send all nomination applications and fees to: Tracy Teichert, PO Box 1211, Ramona, CA 92065
Please consider having a Futurity Show at your next FGG event at no additional cost to your show!
The Fainting Goat Guild will provide the ribbons for the Futurity Show, as well as the $50 Futurity Champion award.
The Fainting Goat Guild will take care of receiving the entry forms and class fees.
The class fees are used to pay the premiums for the placings.
If you would like to hold Futurity classes at your show, or more information, please contact Tracy Teichert (email@example.com) or Sue Johnson (firstname.lastname@example.org) today!
Advertise Your Business Here!
Contact us today to find out how!
|This site is continuously growing. Please visit frequently for new updated information.|
Website designed and maintained by Triple-T Ranch
Copyright © 2007-2017 Triple-T Ranch (All Rights Reserved)Any redistribution or reproduction of this site's contents is prohibited without written permission from the Fainting Goat Guild.
You may print or download for your personal (non-commercial) use only.